Using renewable energy to reduce the Academies Bills
The team at Bright Spark have just completed the project management of the implementation of a 30KWp Solar PV system at Phoenix St Peters Primary Academy (formerly Meadow Primary School) in Lowestoft.
Some facts and figures on the project:
- Installation of 113 Trina Solar TSM-PD05 265W Solar Panels and 2 SMA Inverters
- Estimated to generate 28,500 kWhs per annum - approximately 50% of the Academies electricity requirements onsite
- Installed by Evogreen - REAch2 Strategic Solar PV Partner
- Funded by Less is More Capital Social Enterprise
- Significant reduction in CO2
- Benefit from the FITs subsidisies for the next 20 years
This is one of the first of many projects being rolled out across the REAch2 Academy Trust as part of their strategic energy management programme. it is intended that all REAch2 Academies will benefit from efficiency and renewable technologies and reduce the Trusts use of fossil fuels by up to 50% by 2025.
Estimated Solar PV Generation per Month (kWhs)