Northfield St Nicholas Academy - solar pv
Bright Spark Energy has just completed the implementation of a 50KWp Solar PV system at Northfields St Nicholas Primary Academy (part of REAch2 Academy Trust) in Lowestoft, Suffolk. The Solar PV was funded by Less Is More Capital, creating a net surplus in Year 1 with no capital cost to the project.
The Solar PV was installed in October half term after an LED lighting upgrade completed during the Summer Holidays. The combination of Solar PV and LED is expected to reduce the energy bought from the grid by up to 85%.
The project was completed in three days onsite starting during the half term period.
Some facts and figures on the project:
- Installation of 196 255W Solar Panels, 30KWp Solis Inverters and Sunfixings mounting kit
- Estimated to generate 48,400 kWhs per annum - approximately 49% of the Academies electricity requirements onsite
- Funded by Less is More Capital Social Enterprise Fund generating a net surplus in year 1.
- Significant reduction in CO2
- Benefit from the FITs subsidisies for the next 20 years
Estimated kWh generation by Solar PV at Northfields St Nicholas Primary Academy