Solar PV generating 33% of the buildings electricity needs
Its been a busy few weeks and we have just finished another batch of installations at Academies in the Midlands.
At Springhill Academy we have just finished managing the installation of a 50KWp Solar PV installation (phase 1 of a Solar / LED joint upgrade). This will significantly reduce the Academys need for grid bought electricity and make the Academy more sustainable.
Some facts and figures on the project:
- Installation of 113 Bisol Solar Panels and 2 Solis Inverters
- Estimate to generate 47,400kWhs per Annum - approx 33% of the Academy electricity requirements (pre LED and efficiency upgrades)
- Installed By EcoSphere - REAch2 & Bright Spark strategic Partner
- Funded by social enterprise operating rental
- Estimated net saving in year 1 of £ 1,542
- Estimated net saving over 20 years of £ 130,000
This is one of the first of many projects being rolled out across the REAch Academy Trusts as part of the Estates Teams long term and strategic sustainability programme, a leading programme in the country for MATs. We are on target to reduce the usage of fossil fules by up to 50% by 2025.
Estimated Solar PV Generation per Month (KWHS)