Developing an all year round off grid solution for lighting and refridgeration.
The Bermondsey Huts have been used as a community and spiritual retreat for over 30 years and as part of our commitment to reinvesting profits back into customer projects we are donating our time to complete the project. The Huts are currently open for only six months of the year but we are supporting the installation of the equipment to extend this to 50 weeks a year.
Bright Spark were engaged by Worth Abbey to develop, design and implement an off grid Solar PV System for the Bermondsey Huts, a community residential centre and spiritual retreat at Worth Abbey in East Grinstead, Sussex.
Summary of the Project:
- New State of the Art Alarm System with automated response
- Installation of a 2KWp off grid solar PV system linked to a battery storage system
- Integration of existing solar PV and battery storage
- Installation of the infrastructure to link a Wind Turbine to the Battery Controllers
- Remove existing 12v lighting system and replace with new 230v system and new energy efficient LED lighting with minimal power usage.
- Integrate new wifi link, security system and external LED lighting into the design.
The implemented systems should allow the Bermondsey Huts to be used all year round to benefit the local community and groups from further afield.