Powering Unity Primary Academy using the Sun
Our in-house Solar PV team have just completed the implementation of a 30KWp Solar PV system at Unity Primary Academy (part of REAch2 Academy Trust) in Colchester, Essex.
The system at Unity Primary Academy has been designed specifically to work with a future LED upgrade project and reduce electricity bought from the grid to 10% of what it is now.
The project was completed in three days onsite starting during the half term period.
Some facts and figures on the project:
- Installation of 117 255W Solar Panels and a 30KWp Solis Inverters
- Estimated to generate 28,900 kWhs per annum - approximately 39% of the Academies electricity requirements onsite
- Funded by Less is More Capital Social Enterprise Fund
- Significant reduction in CO2
- Benefit from the FITs subsidisies for the next 20 years
Estimated kWh generation by Solar PV at Unity Primary Academy