Our in-house Solar PV team have just completed the implementation of two Solar PV systems at Beccles Primary Academy:
- 13.5KWp Solar PV system connected to the Kitchen as all of the kitchen equipment is electric including the ovens
- 30KWp system connected to the main School building to reduce the general electricity usage
With no capital cost on the initial installation, the Academy is already saving money and the Solar PV is providing the power to feed the staff and students.
The Solar installation was included as part of the REAch2 Energy Programme and the Solar PV has been designed specifically to work with a future LED upgrade project after the SALIX loan for the current poor quality lighting has been paid off.
The installation was completed across a number of roofs at the Academy. It was a challenging design to ensure that we could maximise the space available on a very bitty roof.
Some facts and figures on the project:
- Installation of 186 255W Solar Panels and a 2 Solis Inverters
- Estimated to generate 53% of the Academies electricity requirements onsite
- Funded by Less is More Capital Social Enterprise Fund and the net surplus generated from year 1 will be reinvested back into furthering the educational outcomes of disadvantaged children.
- Significant reduction in CO2
- Benefit from the FITs subsidisies for the next 20 years
Estimated kWh generation by Solar PV at Beccles Primary