The benefits of Solar PV at Sir Martin Frobisher Academy
Our Eastern Solar PV team completed the implementation of a 50KWp Solar PV system at Sir Martin Frobisher Primary Academy (part of REAch2 Academy Trust) in jaywick, Essex in the October half term. Led by Steve, our PV Project Manager, a team of six completed the installation in five days with the Academy benefitting from free electricity on the first day of the new term.
The system at Sir Martin Frobisher Academy was installed across a number of roofs to take advantage of the site and maximise generation and thus savings.
Some facts and figures on the project:
- Installation of 190 255W Solar Panels and a 40KWp and 10KWp Solis Inverters
- Estimated to generate 38% of the Academies electricity requirements from renewable sources
- Funded by Less is More Capital Social Enterprise Fund generating a net surplus in year 1.
- Significant reduction in CO2
- Benefit from the FITs subsidisies for the next 20 years
Estimated kWh generation by Solar PV at Sir Martin Frobisher Primary Academy