2 x 30KWp Solar PV Installations at the Academy
Bright Spark in partnership with EcoSphere Renewables have just completed the installation of two solar pv arrays at the Aerodrome Academy in Croydon, South London.
Aerodrome Academy is a large Primary Academy with a children's centre on the site. We installed a 30KWp Solar PV array on the main building with a second 30KWp array on the Children's Centre. This linked with a future LED lighting upgrade should reduce the electricity from the grid by up to 50% and be self funding using a social enterprise operating rental.
Some facts and figures on the project:
The PV system has been installed in a predominantly East / West design benefitting from the use of the roof layout in the courtyard of the Academy and maximising morning and evening sun. This has enabled us to maximise the system size.
- Installation of 218 Hanwa 270W Solar Panels and 2 Solis 30KWp Inverters
- Estimated to generate 53,000 kWhs per annum - approximately 30% of the Academies electricity requirements onsite
- Installed by Eco Sphere - REAch2 Strategic Solar PV Partner
- Funded by Less is More Capital Social Enterprise Fund
- Significant reduction in CO2
- Benefit from the FITs subsidisies for the next 20 years