Investing in Solar PV to generate long term savings to be reinvested back into teaching and learning
We have just completed the installation of a 19KWp Solar PV installation at Heath Hayes Primary Academy in Heath Hayes, Staffordshire. The project is part of a series of upgrades at the Academy to generate long term savings.
The Academy had a perfectly orientated roof for Solar PV in good condition and the team at Bright Spark installed the bulk of the system in a single day.
Some facts and figures on the project:
- Installation of 72 Suntech 265W Solar Panels and 1 Solis Inverter
- Generating an estimated Net Surplus of £ 579 in Year 1 and £ 48,000 over 20 years
- Estimated to generate 18,000 kWhs per annum - approximately 60% of the Buildings electricity requirements pre LED upgrade
- Funded by Less is More Capital Social Enterprise Fund
- Significant reduction in CO2
- Benefit from the FITs subsidisies for the next 20 years
Estimated yield from the PVSol Design Document.