A 30KWP SOLAR PV INSTALLATIONS AT THE GLOBE ACADEMY TO REDUCE ENERGY COSTS
Bright Spark in partnership with EcoSphere Renewables have just completed the installation of a Solar PV array at the Globe Primary Academy in Lancing, West Sussex.
We installed a 30KWp Solar PV array on the main building with a second 30KWp array on the Children's Centre. This linked with a future LED lighting upgrade should reduce the electricity from the grid by up to 75% and be self funding using a social enterprise operating rental.
Some facts and figures on the project:
- Installation of 113 Suntech 265W Solar Panels and a Solis 30KWp Inverters
- Estimated to generate 27,822 kWhs per annum - approximately 62% of the Academies electricity requirements onsite
- Installed by Eco Sphere - Bright Spark Energy Strategic Solar PV Partner
- Funded by Less is More Capital Social Enterprise Fund
- Significant reduction in CO2
- Benefit from the FITs subsidisies for the next 20 years