supporting the development of a community resource
Bright Spark Energy have been appointed to design and implement an off grid Solar PV System for the Bermondsey Huts, a community residential centre and spiritual retreat at Worth Abbey in East Grinstead, Sussex.
The Bermondsey Huts have been used as a community and spiritual retreat for over 30 years and as part of our commitment to reinvesting profits back into customer projects we are donating our time to complete the project. The Huts are currently open for only six months of the year but we are supporting the installation of the equipment to extend this to 50 weeks a year.
Bright Spark will be delivering the following elements:
- New State of the Art Alarm System with automated response
- Installation of a 2KWp off grid solar PV system linked to a battery storage system
- Integration of existing solar PV and battery storage
- Installation of a wind turbine linked to the Battery controllers
- Remove existing 12v lighting system and replace with new 230v system and new energy efficient LED lighting
- Integrate new wifi link, security system and external LED lighting into the design
The project has caused some excitement amongst the team and a bun fight as to who works on the project. The biggest challenge has been to design a system that can make sure that the Bermondsey Huts can be used all year round.
Work commences onsite on the 5th September 2016 and we will post a case study post completion.